Our house system’s main focus is the pastoral care of our pupils.

Each house has an overall House Tutor and one Year Group Tutor for each year. Pupils register in house each morning with their Year Group Tutor and a certain amount of time each week is spent in house, which helps to create a close-knit community and foster a sense of loyalty.

Houses also compete against each other in various competitions throughout the year, such as the house song competition, house rowing and sports day. Members of each house are identified by the different coloured stripes on their ties.

 

Bright House

House Tutor: Mr C Haywood
Heads of House: Imogen Reynolds, Cecelia Horacek

Bright House is named after Henry Bright who was Headmasters of King’s from 1589 to 1627. It was formed as a day house in 1961 and is now located in the Choir House building.

Year Group Tutors

Upper Sixth: Mrs N Essenhigh
Lower Sixth: Mrs L A Walmsley
Fifth Form: Miss R M Lewis
Upper Remove: Mr C Atkinson
Lower Remove: Mr E Lewis

Castle House

House Tutor: Mrs M Longley
Heads of House: Henry Apsey

Castle House is named after Worcester Castle which once stood within the school grounds. It was a boarding house from 1902 to 1995 but was re-formed in September 2015 in the Keyes Building.

Year Group Tutors

Upper Sixth: Mr P J Garland
Lower Sixth: Miss J R Hewitt
Fifth Form: Ms C Westley
Upper Remove: Mr E D Houghton
Lower Remove: Mr D N Branchett

Chappel House

House Tutor: Mr J Hand
Heads of House: Charlie Wong, Fran Descher

Chappel House is name after W.H. Chappel who was Headmaster of King’s from 1896 to 1919. It was formed in 1936 as a day house and is now located in the School House building.

Year Group Tutors

Upper Sixth: Mr J N Gardiner
Lower Sixth: Mr R A Ball
Fifth Form: Mrs L Ruiz Pelaez
Upper Remove: Mr A R Swarbrick
Lower Remove: Miss E J Cameron

Choir House

House Tutor: Mrs A Fellows
Heads of House: Tim Quiney, Annabelle Banner

Choir House is named after the previous Worcester Cathedral Choir School and was originally the boarding house for pupils who were members of the Cathedral Choir. It was formed in 1948 and is now located in the Annett Building.

Year Group Tutors

Upper Sixth: Mr A J M Maund
Lower Sixth: Dr R J James
Fifth Form: Mrs D Salkeld
Upper Remove: Ms K F Conroy
Lower Remove: Miss A M Simpson & Mr A G Deichen

Creighton House

House Tutor: Ms L Guy
Heads of House: Rufus Tilt, Sophie Lynch

Creighton House is named after Cuthbert Creighton who was Headmaster from 1919 to 1936 and 1940 to 1942. It was formed as a day house in 1936 and is now located in the Choir House building.

Year Group Tutors

Upper Sixth: Mr A A D Gillgrass
Lower Sixth: Mr O J Heydon
Fifth Form: Mr W J Joyce
Upper Remove: Ms J A Price-Hutchinson
Lower Remove: Mrs G L Hardy & Miss J S Wallace-Mason

Kittermaster House

House Tutor: Mr R Davis
Heads of House: Ed Peckston, Georgia Thatcher

Kittermaster House is named after F.R. Kittermaster who was Headmaster of King’s from 1942 to 1959. It was formed as a day house in 1984 and is also located in the Choir House building.

Year Group Tutors

Upper Sixth: Mr T R Sharp
Lower Sixth: Mr C W S Wilson
Fifth Form: Mrs C M Neville
Upper Remove: Mrs E A Shepherd
Lower Remove: Miss E K McKenzie

Oswald House

House Tutor: Mrs L Haddock
Heads of House: Jack Dutton, Olivia Meredith

Oswald House is named after Saint Oswald, Bishop of Worcester from 961 to 992. Oswald was formed as a day house in 1984 and can now be found in the School House building.

Year Group Tutors

Upper Sixth: Mr R P Geary
Lower Sixth: Mrs E Friend
Fifth Form: Mr J Sarriegui
Upper Remove: Mr N J Pilborough
Lower Remove: Mrs S C Parkinson-Mills

School House

House Tutor: Mr S Bain
Heads of House: Molly Francis, Cameron Stanley-Blakey

School House is still located in the School House building where it was originally a boarding house from 1888 to 1991, when it became a day house.

Year Group Tutors

Upper Sixth: Dr M D Parkin
Lower Sixth: Mr J J Mason
Fifth Form: Mr A J Knights
Upper Remove: Mrs E L Darby
Lower Remove: Mrs S C Bradley

Wulstan House

House Tutor: Dr M Poole
Heads of House: Meg Stigant, Oscar Roswall-Stanley

Wulstan House is named after Saint Wulstan, Bishop of Worcester from 1062 to 1095. It was formed in 1961 and is located within the School House building.

Year Group Tutors

Upper Sixth: Dr M C Poole
Lower Sixth: Mrs C Yates
Fifth Form: Miss L C Symonds
Upper Remove: Mr J Barnard
Lower Remove: Dr D Haddock