Key Skills is our five-term programme of PSHE and enrichment for our Sixth Form students. It is delivered in one double period per week.
During the Lower Sixth, all students will have a “Driving safety” lecture, a “Managing stress” session, allocated time in our careers department, an opportunity to produce a CV and work experience letter, Higher Education preparation, and a chance to run a charity event. There is also an opportunity to select a pathway of study from:
- Combined pathway- IT skills (6 weeks), Debating (6 weeks) and Research report writing (6 weeks).
- Gold Arts Award- http://www.artsaward.org.uk/
- Extended Project Qualification
- Journalism- To introduce and develop skills in journalism and give students a chance to showcase their best writing.
The Upper Sixth Autumn/ first half of Spring term is seminar based with students working in small groups covering a wide range of topics including:
- UCAS applications
- Community service in two local primary schools
- Wellbeing/ Health
- Finance for Life
- IT skills
- Research/ library skills
- First Aid
- Cooking at university
The second half of the spring term is lecture based with guest speakers invited in to enhance our students’ awareness to issues beyond school life and cover further PSHE themes e.g. eSecurity, HIV/Aids, The Middle-East, Drugs awareness.