Welcome to the Mathematics Department which has a long history of success at a high level. Mathematics is taught at this school in a friendly yet logical and disciplined way with the accent on understanding work as it is learnt.
Most of the Mathematics teaching occurs in the Annett Building, which is named after David Annett who was our Headmaster from 1959 until 1979. It is also the base for the Lower Fourth Form (Year Seven). There is a Mathematics library, which the Sixth Form in particular are encouraged to use, both for access to reference books and also the chance to discuss their work either with each other or a Mathematics teacher. The library also houses four PCs, for the use of Sixth Form mathematicians. In all classrooms there are connections to the school's IT network and all of the rooms have ceiling mounted data projectors. Nine classrooms also have interactive whiteboards.
- Recent IGCSE: A*/A 77.9%, A*/B 97.8%
- Recent A Level Maths: A*/A 61.4%, A*-B 78.9%
- Recent A Level Further Maths: A*/A 68.8%, A*-B 100%
- Well over half of the Sixth Form study Mathematics
- Students regularly achieve success in national Mathematical competitions