This morning we got straight on with celebrating the successes of the week, not because there is any shortage of music or drama for the end of term, but because four very excitable Easter Bunnies were busy preparing an Inter-house Easter Egg Hunt for the children. When the competition got going, the bunnies were not the only excitable ones.
- Super Star of the week was Akshay for always setting a great example to his classmates.
- For showing great determination with his handwriting, Daniel received a certificate for Perseverance.
- Sofia was awarded the Super Star certificate for her wonderful enthusiasm in all lessons.
- Iris, Poppy, Persie, Sofia and Rudy received a well-earned round of applause for getting full marks in all of this term’s dictation exercises.
- Greta earned a Kindness certificate for being a terrific friend to visiting children.
- The Super Star award went to Cerys for showing great maturity in the classroom.
- Well done to Greta and Cerys on their excellent presentation and use of similes when writing ‘Fire’ poems.
- Shreya, Arslan, Monty, Lily E, Laura and Millie were congratulated on their excellent use of technical vocabulary when writing explanation texts in English.
- 4J have been working on character descriptions and settings in creative writing, editing and then writing up a ‘best copy’ for display. Well done to George, Karla and Aelwen who showed us their beautifully illustrated work.
- Emily brought in the very impressive Elm Cup which was presented to her when she won overall in Worcester Swimming Club’s Under 9 Club Championships
- In science, Year 6 have been researching and comparing the lives of Newton and Galileo. Lilly-Mae, Scarlett, Elin, Aiden and Lex proudly showed us their beautifully presented work.
- As part of their studies on Shakespeare the children have been re-writing “All the World’s a Stage.” Sidney wrote a very clever analogy titled “All the World’s a Canvas” and Mr Chapman read some of her poem to us. Well done, Sidney!
- Ollie J was congratulated on the superb Lego stop-animation, complete with sound effects, which he put together for GYM homework.
- Eddie U has decided to raise money for St Richard’s Hospice in appreciation for the care they gave recently to his late Uncle. This weekend he will run 2 miles from Upton rugby club, meet up with Mr Chapman to cycle the mid-section of the journey and then continue to run the final stretch to Sixways. On arrival at Sixways he will be the mascot for Worcester Rugby Club in their match against Newcastle Falcons. You can hear more about Eddie’s tremendous undertaking in an interview with BBC Hereford and Worcester this weekend.
Times tables certificates
- Twenty nine certificates were awarded today, including Gold awards for Eshal, Reuben, George H, Seb C, Arslan, Lottie F, Millie H and Laura. Well done everyone!
Music Examination Successes
Well done to all who took ABRSM musical instrument exams recently. What an amazing haul – plenty of awards for us to be celebrating!
Skye – Piano Init (Merit)
George B – Piano Grade 1 (Merit)
Jack B – Piano Grade 2 (Pass)
Harry B – Piano Grade 1 (Merit)
Sebastian C – Trombone Grade 1 (Merit)
Mia G – Flute Grade 2 (Distinction)
Immie – Flute Grade 2 (Pass)
Arabella – Piano Grade 1 (Distinction)
Ollie KD – Piano Grade 2 (Pass)
Olivia K – Flute Grade 1 (Merit)
Lex – Piano Grade 2 (Merit)
Jack T – Bassoon Grade 1 (Distinction)
Jack T – Piano Grade 2 (Merit)
Isabella T – Flute Grade 1 (Merit)
It’s always wonderful to spend time celebrating the successes of our pupils.