Thank you to Izzy for opening our final assembly with a delightful rendition of Greensleeves played on the flute.
- Well done to Amber, Elodie and Rudy for achieving full marks in every dictation exercise this year.
- Nell, Greta, Jasper, Alban and Millie were congratulated on their superb African inspired art.
- Congratulations to Cerys on passing grade 2 gymnastics and being nominate ‘star of the class’ by the Fundamental Movement Academy.
- Mrs Atkinson said ‘Good Luck’ to all of Year 3 as they prepare for the move to Year 4 and thanked them not only for their hard work but also for always laughing at her bad jokes!
- Well done to Suzie, Monty, James, Sam and Rory for putting together some superbly written and illustrated Mr Men and Little Miss books.
- Evie passed grade 2 street dancing.
- Congratulations to Karla, who broke the school’s 200m record on Sports Day.
- Tom B took part in the 5km Race for Life and was leading until he lost a trainer. Not wanting to lose time putting his trainer back on, Tom continued to run with one shoe missing and still managed to come third! Well done, Tom. That was certainly an example of perseverance!
- Mortimer was not able to join us for our speech day on Saturday, so we presented him with his Year 5 Effort Prize today.
- Rory received a Headmasters Commendation from Mr Doodes, normally an award presented to Senior School pupils, for playing the piano in our assemblies and for his outstanding organ playing during our Cathedral Service. Well done, Rory. This is a tremendous achievement.
- 6HM have written a ‘Guide to Year 6’ for our current Year 5 children and we congratulated Daisy, Evie and Lara on their excellent advice.
- Well done to Mihika, Lily-Mae, Lilly, Scarlett, Florence, Henry and Alex who all wrote excellent explanations of their dream job. With everything from a café owner to a fighter pilot, we look forward to hearing how they get on!
- Mrs Rickets challenged the children to create a marble run during Science Week, with a competition to see who could keep the marble running for the longest time. Well done to Felix, Izzy T and Patrick, whose marble kept going for 26 seconds.
- Two more school records were broken on Sports Day, the 80m by Lucia and the 600m by Lex. Well done, both of you!
- Ivy’s Spider aid initiative raised £475 for the Vale Wildlife Hospital. She now plans a 2km sea swim in the Outer Hebrides during the summer. Good luck, Ivy!
- This year’s chess competition was a closely fought battle. Well done to Skye, who won for Year 3, Joel, who won for Year 4, Mortimer, who won for Year 5 and Eamon who was the winner for Year 6. The overall house winner was Thomas.
- Seventeen Hero Handwriting certificates were awarded.
- Elin received her certificate for taking part in the Primary Maths Challenge.
- Sixteen Times Tables certificates were awarded, including Platinum awards for Helena, Jasper M, Sienna Y, Jack B, Ace, Arthur and Yiming.
- There were more swimming successes this week.
- At the Coventry Open Meet Mia G won a Gold medal in the 50m backstroke and Evie won Bronze in the 50m breaststroke.
- Lucia, Evie and James won Gold medals and Lara won Silver in the PGL finals.
- Mia G and James each came third for Worcester Swimming Club in the County Relays.