Today’s assembly certainly started on a high, as we congratulated our National IAPS and ESSA Swimming Champions, Lilly-Mae, Mia, Lucia, Lara and Immie. After watching the incredible video of the girls’ winning performance, Mr Chapman presented them with their medals, accompanied by a whole school rendition of Queen’s We Are The Champions. Well done girls; we are incredibly proud of you all!
- Well done to Akshay, who is the class Super Star for always trying his best and being a wonderful member of the class.
- All of our Reception children earned a round of applause for this week’s wonderful French assembly. They spoke clearly and confidently and certainly impressed with their excellent French vocabulary.
- For always thinking of others and being a kind friend, Savannah received a Kindness award.
- Rudy is the class Super Star for listening carefully to advice.
- Well done to Elodie on completing a 2km fun run and raising £50 for the Gloucester Wildlife Trust. Her biodegradable medal contains wildflower seeds and will be planted this weekend!
- Greta earned a Risk Taking award for showing confidence and belief in herself when tackling some tricky work.
- Zack received the Super Star award for listening and taking advice onboard.
- Handwriting Hero certificates were awarded to Ben, Ariya, Archie, Tommy, Skye, Yifei, Marnie, Madie, Zara and Rosie.
- 4J have been writing horror stories set in a classroom at night. Well done to Charlotte, Reuben, Karla and George for some excellent storylines and neat presentation.
- Karla, Tom, Aelwen, Sienna, Sebastian and Helena were congratulated on their superb maps of ‘Imagination Island’, which made great use of grid references.
- 4R have been writing Kenning poems and Monty, Rory, Humphrey, Shreya, Alice, Arslan, Millie and Will showed us their excellent work.
- Congratulations to Tom, who won the U11 County Squash Tournament, despite being only nine!
- Charlotte has not only completed 50 Junior Park Runs, which is the equivalent of an ultra-marathon, but she has also volunteered numerous times to help with marshalling so that others can enjoy running. Well done, Charlotte!
- In humanities, the children have been designing the perfect rain forest plant. Well done to Izzy, Georgia, Katie, Conor and Ace on their informative, well-labelled and beautifully presented diagrams.
- Mrs White sent a massive thank you to all of Year 6 for making the very best of their time at the Old Chapel. The children were always enthusiastic and kind, even when they had to push themselves out of their comfort zones during the course of their stay. Mrs White was incredibly proud of you all!
- Well done Mea and Elin, who took part in the Primary Maths Challenge at Bromsgrove School but were busy at Old Chapel last week and so could not receive their certificates.
Times Tables Certificates
- We awarded 17 certificates today, including Gold for Erin, Rosie, Sofia, Madie and Zara, and Platinum for Skye, Tommy and Ben J.