King’s Hawford Nursery is part of the award-winning King’s Worcester Nursery Group. Located in the north of Worcester, King’s Hawford Nursery sits at the heart of the Prep School and offers Early Years education to children from 2 to 4 years old.
Surrounded by rolling green fields and adjacent to a tranquil stretch of the Droitwich Canal, King’s Hawford’s rural setting is unrivalled. Children from Nursery to Year 6 get to enjoy every inch of our 24 acres site and outdoor learning is deeply entrenched into every school day.
At King’s Hawford it is our aim to create a happy, stimulating, home-from-home environment, which will promote the learning process for all children and where friendships and confidence flourish. We aim to provide children with the strongest possible foundations for their education journey. This is done by instilling key characteristics in our pupils.
What makes our Kindergarten so special?
- Outdoor learning is at the heart of everything we do. We have been awarded a Gold Award from The Council for Learning Outside the Classroom. We have a dedicated outdoor classroom for themed activities, and regularly explore the beautiful countryside that surrounds us.
- Children enjoy extensive use of our school site, with access to our indoor heated pool, an outdoor garden area, a well-equipped Forest School, and an outdoor play area with adventurous play equipment.
- Small groups of children with generous staff ratios enable us to tailor activities to each child’s particular interest.
- We offer an extended programme of activities, including indoor and outdoor PE sessions, Shake, Rattle and Groove Music sessions, Rugby Tots, Ballet, Forest School sessions, weekly swimming lessons, and, for our three years olds, an introduction to German.
- Children build strong links with our Reception class to ensure a smooth transition to school.
- We offer a full-time provision to support working families with childcare, operating from 7.30am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday throughout the year. There is also an optional breakfast service for children arriving between 7.30am and 8.00am.
King's Hawford Nursery is a wonderful place to send your child. Our daughter has been attending for about a year now and has never come out with anything other than a huge, beaming smile on her face. She loves all the activities she gets to do, especially forest school and music with singing.
Their facilities and outdoor space are incredible and the nursery practitioners are fantastic. I cannot recommend Kindergarten at King's Hawford Nursery highly enough.
How old do my children have to be to join the Kindergarten at King’s Hawford?
We take children as soon as they turn two. If you’d like them to start around the time of their second birthday feel free to come and visit us in advance so we can complete the registration process.
We do not anticipate that all children will be potty trained at this stage and we will support with any transition.
What are the opening hours for Kindergarten?
We offer a full-time provision from 7.30am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday. You can choose half-day sessions and pick-up times to coincide with the traditional school day.
During school holidays we offer an extensive Holiday Club, which also operates between 7.30am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday.
What is included within the fees?
Fees cover all meals, snacks, and even outdoor waterproof clothing for Forest School sessions or outdoor walks around our extensive grounds.
Children enjoy a morning snack of fruit and milk. Lunch is a two-course cooked meal, and we provide sandwiches during afternoon break. We also provide a light snack at 5.00pm at a small additional charge if children stay for our ‘late club’ provision.
Parents simply need to provide nappies and wipes where required, a pair of wellington boots, and sun cream during the summer months.
Do Kindergarten children wear a uniform?
Yes, children need to wear uniform during term-time. This can be purchased through schoolblazer. Alternatively, we run second-hand uniform sales throughout the year.
Children wear their own clothes during Holiday Club.
Do you accept childcare vouchers?
Yes, we accept childcare vouchers and payments made through child tax accounts.
Do you honour the free Early Years education funding?
We accept Nursery funding towards payment. Please contact our Registrar for details.
What facilities do children have access to?
Children take advantage of the extensive range of facilities available within the school. We spend a lot of time outside, which includes regular trips to our outdoor garden. Children also enjoy PE in the ‘Barn’, with Kindergarten 2 children enjoying one term learning trampoline skills, weekly Forest School sessions, and swimming lessons in our indoor pool. We also run ‘Shake, Rattle and Groove’ music sessions.
How do you communicate with parents?
Each child has a Key Worker who will take overall responsibility for your child’s well-being and will keep you up to date on their progress.
Communication really is key at this young age, so staff are always willing to chat to you during drop-off and pick-up time. Each child has a daily diary for communications with parents. We also host regular Parents’ Evenings so we can discuss your child’s well-being and progress in greater detail, alongside a yearly report at the end of the academic year.