Reception Class at King's
Places Available for September 2019
Starting school is one of the biggest milestones in your child’s life as they take their very first steps into formal education. What happens even in these early years of education has the ability to shape your child’s future and leave a lasting impression.
Here at King’s we have two fantastic junior schools to choose from, King's St Alban's and King's Hawford. Both benefit from small class sizes, speclalist teaching staff and excellent facilities including Forest Schools, indoor Swimming Pools, dedicated Pre-Prep libraries and plenty of space for outdoor learning and exploring. Whlst both schools share the same ethos and values, each school is wonderfully unique.
We understand that investing in your child’s education at this age is a big commitment, but we believe that bright futures are built on firm educational foundations. How your child learns and progresses during the Pre-Prep years is critical, which is why we are so focussed on supporting young children with the transition into school and providing a whole range of rich learning opportunities.
Pre-Prep at King’s St Alban’s
King’s St Alban’s is our city centre Junior School, located adjacent to King’s Senior next to the Cathedral. The school adopts a Growth Mindset approach. Resilience, perseverance and a can do attitude are all celebrated and encouraged with a strong emphasis on wellbeing so that all children feel secure, loved and confident.
Pre-prep at King’s Hawford
King’s Hawford enjoys a beautiful rural location on the north side of the city and the school has a strong emphasis on outdoor learning. The rural environment allows children to experience freedom and fresh air, play games, and explore the great outdoors in a safe, controlled way. Children are encouraged to think for themselves, take risks, and be courageous learners.
Why choose King’s?
- Children benefit from small class sizes with plenty of opportunity for dedicated 1:2:1 time with teachers and teaching assistants. The results are plain to see with children learning at an incredible rate and settling into the routine of school very quickly.
- Even at this young age children are encouraged to try a whole range of activities so they can discover their passions. After school clubs for Reception children include Karate, Ballet, Rugby Tots, Sing, Dance & Create, Lego Club, Art Club and Jitterbugs to name just a few.
- Reception children benefit from the extensive range of facilities within the school, including indoor heated swimming pools for weekly swimming sessions, Forest School facilities, dedicated pre-prep libraries, access to the very latest IT equipment, and outdoor adventure playgrounds.
- We offer comprehensive wrap-around care for busy families operating 7:45am – 6:00pm (7:30am at King's Hawford), Monday to Friday throughout the year. During the school holidays we offer an exciting Holiday Club to ensure continuity.
- We have a team of specialist staff to help bring the curriculum to life with exciting sessions on PE, music, dance, and languages. No two days are ever the same at King's!
- Communication with parents is key. We will keep you informed of key learning topics and provide advice and ideas on how to have fun with your child and encourage learning at home.
- Our schools benefit from a wonderfully strong sense of community. Reception children enjoy regular reading sessions with our older children, and have plenty of opportunity to interact with their peers.