Travelling to King’s Worcester is straightforward, as the city is served by a good road network, has two train stations, and many daily coaches covering a wide radius and fitting in with the school day.
Getting here by Train
The school is a short walk along the central pedestrian precinct from Worcester Foregate Street station. Train companies offer discounts on season tickets bought in advance. There are trains which fit conveniently for the school day on the:
- Oxford line (Moreton-in-Marsh, Honeybourne, Evesham, Pershore).
- Hereford line (Ledbury, Colwall, Great Malvern, Malvern Link).
- Birmingham line (Droitwich, Hartlebury, Kidderminster, Blakedown, Hagley, Stourbridge, Lye, Cradley Heath, Barnt Green).
Discounted student rail season tickets to Worcester can be purchased online from West Midlands Railways via their web site.
Getting here by Coach
Some of the more rural areas are well served by local coach companies. Details for some of the most popular routes can be found below. If you would like more information, the coach companies can be contacted directly on the following telephone numbers:
Feckenham & Inkberrow, Service 850 (Dudley's, Inkberrow)
Tenbury to Worcester, Service 758 (Yarranton's, Tenbury Wells)
Worcester Schools Service, Service 824 (Yarrantons, Tenbury Wells)
Getting here by Bus
The King’s School Coach Services
We also run our own coach services to make it as easy as possible for parents and pupils to travel to school. The routes can be found below; please contact our the Bursary on 01905 721721 for more information.
- King’s Hawford (Claines) to the Senior School and return to King’s Hawford (morning only).
- Evesham and Pershore to King’s (daily return service).
Timetable for the Evesham and Pershore service:
- Evesham (Golf Range on by-pass): 07.35
- Fladbury Village Cross by Anchor Inn): 07.43
- Wyre Piddle (opposite Anchor Inn): 07.48
- Pershore (bus stop by Aylstone Hill): 07.55
- Drakes Broughton (Plough & Harrow): 07.59
- Stoulton (Bird in Hand): 08.03
- Waitrose, London Road: 08.10
- King’s Street arrival: 08.25
- King’s Street depart: 17.15
- Waitrose, London Road: 17.25
- Stoulton (Bird in Hand): 17.34
- Drakes Broughton (opposite Plough & Harrow): 17.36
- Pershore (bus stop by Aylstone Hill): 17.40
- Wyre Piddle (opposite Anchor Inn): 17.45
- Fladbury (Village Cross by Anchor Inn): 17.50
- Evesham (Golf Range on by-pass): 17.58