Spring Term – Update March 2022
The Heads in the foundation and the Senior Leadership Team here have agreed on the following changes. These changes will be reviewed on a weekly basis and may change, with parents and pupils being informed in a timely fashion.
The following will be put in place upon the return of children on Monday 28th February:
- All staff meetings to remain on Zoom;
- School assemblies will remain hybrid or ‘live’ dependent upon pupil numbers attending, when live a 2m gap will be placed between year groups;
- Staff encouraged to wear masks when in the main house and in potentially crowded areas;
- Staff to be encouraged to respect social distancing when walking outside around the campus. Masks are not required;
- Outdoor sports matches to continue and parents reminded to keep social distancing on touchlines;
- All parents’ evenings will be held online;
- Parents allowed on site for drop off and pick up, but with social distancing in place.
- Lunch – remain in-class group tables;
- Hymn practice for a maximum of two year groups only;
- Choirs to be allowed to rehearse in Barn with usual ventilation and gap between year groups;
Positive COVID tests.
Staff and children who test positive are advised to stay at home and avoid contact with other people for at least 5 full days, and then continue to follow this guidance until they have received two negative test results on consecutive days.
Pupils may only attend school if they are in full health. Those who do not attend, but feel well enough to, may access our hybrid teaching provision via Zoom.
Children may still attend school if a parent or other member of their household tests positive. They are not required to take a PCR test; however, it is strongly recommended that children with positive cases in their households continue to take lateral flow tests before attending school.
Hygiene at King’s Hawford
We will maintain our systems of control with pupils continuing to sanitise their hands upon entering and leaving classrooms. All classrooms will be ventilated with an enhanced cleaning programme continuing throughout the school day. Classrooms will be deep cleaned should there be positive cases identified.
The start of the school day
School will open at 7.30am. Pupils will register with their form teacher in designated classrooms.
Pupils should wear King’s Hawford sports kit on days that they have Games. Full and correct kit only.
Pupils should come in uniform and change into sports kit on days that they have PE lessons and for any after school sports clubs.
Breaktime and lunchtime
We encourage everyone to make use of outdoor space and designate the following spaces for the following age groups:
Main playground (Hard Surface) or field – Years 3-6
Bark area – Pre-Prep
Break time snacks will be served in classrooms
Year groups will have a designated area of the Dining Hall for their use, and a dedicated timeslot.