Spring Term – Update March 2022
The Heads in the foundation and the Senior Leadership Team here have agreed on the following changes. These changes will be reviewed on a weekly basis and may change, with parents and pupils being informed in a timely fashion.
The following will be put in place upon the return of children on Monday 28th February:
- All staff meetings to continue virtually unless low numbers where 2m spacing can be achieved. Monday briefing will be outside;
- School assemblies will be hybrid or live depending on current cases in the school. We hope to have full assemblies shortly.
- Staff will be encouraged to wear masks when indoors and in potentially crowded areas;
- Staff to be encouraged to respect social distancing when walking outside around the campus. Masks are not required;
- Outdoor sports matches to continue and parents reminded to keep social distancing on touchlines; Transport to fixtures will be in year groups where possible.
- All parents’ evenings will be held online for now;
- Parents will still be allowed on site for pick up / collection and inside the Pre-Prep building and we respectfully ask you to keep social distancing;
- For lunch, children will remain in year groups for Prep and revert to year group tables in Pre-Prep. Staff to respect social distancing;
- Arrangements for Choristers have been put in place by the Cathedral;
- Hymn practice will be virtual or live depending on case numbers;
- Choirs will continue to be allowed in Chapel / Late Room with usual ventilation and gap between year groups;
- We will maintain consistent seating plans in lessons where possible;
- Outdoor playtime will continue ‘unbubbled’ as will early and late rooms.
Positive COVID tests.
Staff and children who test positive are advised to stay at home and avoid contact with other people for at least 5 full days, and then continue to follow this guidance until they have received two negative test results on consecutive days.
Pupils may only attend school if they are in good health. Those who have Covid and are isolating, but feel well enough to, may access our hybrid teaching provision.
Children may still attend school if a parent or other member of their household tests positive. They are not required to take a PCR test; however, it is strongly recommended that children with positive cases in their households continue to take lateral flow tests before attending school.
Hygiene at King’s St Alban’s
We will maintain our systems of control with pupils continuing to sanitise their hands upon entering and leaving classrooms. All classrooms will be ventilated with an enhanced cleaning programme continuing throughout the school day. Classrooms will be deep cleaned should there be positive cases identified.
The start of the school day
School will open at 7.45am and early drop off will be in the Pre-Prep. Prep children (Years 3 to 6) arriving after 8am can be dropped off on the Prep site and should go straight to the playground. Pupils will register with their form teacher in their usual classrooms.
You should wear sports kit on days you have Games and PE. Full and correct kit only. You should wear normal
Breaktime and lunch time
We will revert back to arrangements pre-COVID. There will be separate play times for Prep and Pre-Prep children on most days. The playground can be used for active play and the quad for quieter activities. The quad will remain covered for now. Prep children will sit in their year groups for lunch.