Throughout our enforced closure, we were intent upon enabling an effective re-opening. Indeed, our commitment to return to educational provision in settings we value has enabled us to determine the priorities and processes to inform and shape each stage of our plans.
We have continued to put the health, safety and well-being of our community at the forefront of our plans as we considered how pupils can best access lessons, pastoral care and activities.
Principles Underpinning our Re-opening
Our guiding principles will underpin the re-opening of all three Schools:
- We will ask all pupils and staff, as well as visitors to the site, to observe the government guidelines as they stand at any point on their way to and from the School.
- We will ensure safe occupancy levels of all facilities and areas.
- We will engage actively with test and trace.
- We will ensure that staff do not work, or have contact with, pupils if they have symptoms, have tested positive or have been in contact with anyone who has.
- We will ask that pupils not be sent to school if they have symptoms, have tested positive or have been in contact with anyone who has.
- We will operate enhanced cleaning arrangements.
- We will enable and ensure robust respiratory and hand hygiene.
- Pupils and staff will use hand sanitiser on arrival in each classroom and upon departure.
- We will have a school nurse or matron on-site with a clear protocol for those who feel unwell during the school day and isolation facilities for suspected cases.
- We will provide pupils and staff with the opportunity to raise any concerns.
We have developed a series of Response Levels – Level Zero to Level Four. These Levels will ensure that we are prepared for changes to the national and local picture with regard to the measures we need to adopt.
The Response Levels are uniform across the Foundation and are designed to inform parents clearly and succinctly of any changes to our provision. Each Response Level will provide guiding principles for the Foundation.
Weekly meetings will be taking place with Mr Doodes, Mr Chapman and Mr Turner, to determine the week’s level, considering advice from the DfE, PHE and any relevant local information. Changes to Response Levels will be communicated directly with parents and here on our hub.
We will be re-opening the Foundation at Response Level Two.
The expandable list below provides details on our Level Two measures for the Senior School Return (Last Updated: 24th August 2020).
You can also download a PDF of this here..
We appreciate that the changes to the 2019/2020 Spring and Summer Term, as well as the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, have been challenging for pupils’ wellbeing and mental health. Clinical Psychologist, Dr Kate Mason, has kindly put together two videos, one for parents, ‘Supporting Young People’s Mental Health’, and one for pupils, ‘Looking After Your Mental Health’. In these videos, Dr Mason provides useful support and guidance for our parents and pupils. Offering insight into likely behaviour, feelings and how to deal with the anxiety which pupils may face. We hope you’ll find them both useful and informative.