Whether you’re looking for a holiday club, activity camp or just premium holiday childcare, award-winning King’s Hawford provides a fun-filled, action-packed popular holiday club.
We aim to provide a fun-filled day in a safe, relaxed, and happy environment. Staff are qualified, caring and work hard to ensure all children feel welcome, valued, safe and secure. We want children to enjoy their holidays whilst joining in with a range of activities and having fun with friends both old and new.
The King’s Hawford Holiday Club and Activity Camp is open to all nursery/pre-school and primary age children and not just those who attend school at King’s Hawford. The emphasis is, of course, FUN!
Our holiday clubs and activity camps are designed by children for children. They will participate in a range of activities including a variety of sports and games, arts and crafts, cooking, dance, and drama, as well as many other activities, both on- and off-site to give a balanced, exciting day. Off-site activities are offered throughout each week and are all fully supervised by our team.
Holiday Club (ages 2 to 5)
Our younger children, aged 2 to 5, will join our Holiday Club designed exclusively for little ones. Each day an activity leader provides a range of different activities based on a theme, such as space, pirates or a story such as The Gruffalo.
- Activities include crafts, cooking, physical games, Forest School, swimming, investigations, and much more.
- Swimming is provided free of charge twice a week to all children. Safety is paramount and there is a high level of supervision for these children.
- Externally run sessions such as yoga, drama, drumming, and pony days provide something new and exciting. (There may be a small extra charge for some external activities).
- Trips are arranged to local places of interest such as the Sealife Centre, Lego Discovery Land, and Bristol Zoo. Trips are optional and are offered to children aged 3 years and above.
Activity Camp (ages 6 to 12)
Children aged 6 to 12 are welcome to join our Activity Camp. Designed exclusively by our children.
- Each day the children take part in a variety of activities. Baking, art & crafts, sports, swimming, dancing, team games, outdoor fun, and trampolining are just a few of the exciting activities offered.
- The children also swim in our indoor, heated swimming pool regularly, free of charge. Here children enjoy fun swimming sessions with floats, dive sticks/hoops, pool toys out, balls and nets.
- We also offer a range of external trips during the holidays, past trips have included visits to The Snowdome, Go Ape, Cadbury Word, and Imagination Street to name a few. We usually manage to squeeze in a few trips to the cinema too!
Multi-sports Camp (ages 6 to 12)
Our Multi-sports camp is simply just that. Three days of action-packed, fun sports, including activities such as swimming, katakanuing, team games, dodge ball, danish long ball, kickball, rounders, cricket, yoga, dance, trampolining, matt racing, netball, hockey, tag rugby, football and many more!
King’s Hawford has ideal facilities for the variety of activities we offer – extensive grounds, forest school, newly refurbished outdoor play area, a sports hall, swimming pool, climbing wall, Katakanus, and well-equipped rooms for indoor activities. There is an additional charge for some activities and trips, details of these (where applicable) are on the booking form.
7:30am to 5:15pm care
Our Holiday Clubs and Activity Camps provide childcare from 7.30 am to 5.15 pm. Should it be required, a half-day can be booked; collection after the morning session is at 12.30 pm, and the afternoon session begins at 12.30 pm. Activities run between 9.30 a.m. and 4.00 p.m.
Information for Parents
- Lunch – All children are requested to bring a packed lunch and a drink. Additional break times are offered in the morning and the afternoon, where a drink and snack is provided. We politely request that no nuts or products containing nuts are brought to Holiday Club or Activity Camp
- Clothing – We ask that children wear suitable clothing for the time of year: sun hats and sunscreen in the summer, and wellies, coats, hats, and gloves in the winter. Although aprons are provided for craft and cookery activities, please bear in mind children may get messy. Please ensure everything is clearly labeled.
- Queries – We look forward to welcoming you to King’s Hawford Activity Camp. Multi-Sports Camp and Holiday Club. If you require any further information please contact Mrs A West on 01905 459541 or email@example.com for Holiday Club queries or Miss G Holtham on 01905 451292 ( 07775 842 646 during Activity Camp hours) or firstname.lastname@example.org for Activity Camp queries.
- King’s Hawford reserves the right to change the courses, outings or any activities should the need arise. Although we take great care to ensure the safety of your children at all times, we cannot accept liability for personal injury or loss of property that may occur. Parents should make their own arrangements for personal injury insurance if they wish to do so. Please note that almost all children who attend King’s Foundation schools are covered by their normal personal accident insurance scheme).
- 50% of the fees will be retained in the event of cancellation with less than four weeks’ notice. The whole fee will be retained if less than two weeks’ notice is given.
- The deadline for application is the last day of term. If the booking deadline is missed or you have a childcare emergency, please contact Mrs West or Miss Holtham and they will try to accommodate your child depending on staff availability and staff to child ratios.