Welcome to King’s Hawford Holiday Club. Our aim is to provide a fun-filled day in a safe, relaxed, and happy environment. Staff are qualified, caring and work hard to ensure all children feel welcome, valued, safe and secure. We want children to enjoy their holidays whilst joining in with a range of activities and having fun with friends both old and new.
The King’s Hawford Holiday Club is open to all primary age children, not just those who attend school at King’s Hawford. The emphasis is, of course, FUN! Children will participate in a range of activities including a variety of sports and games, craft and cooking, dance, and drama, as well as many other activities both on- and off-site to give a balanced day. Off-site activities will also be on offer throughout each week and are all fully supervised by our team.
King’s Hawford has ideal facilities for the variety of activities we offer – extensive grounds, a sports hall, swimming pool, climbing wall, Katakanus, and well-equipped rooms for indoor activities. There is an additional charge for some activities and trips, details of these, if applicable, are on the booking form.
Holiday Club (For children aged 2 to 5)
Our younger children, aged 2 to 5, will join our Holiday Club. Each day an activity leader provides a range of different activities based on a theme, such as space, pirates or a story such as The Gruffalo. Activities may include crafts, cooking, physical games, Forest School, swimming, investigations, and much more. Swimming is provided free of charge twice a week to all children. Safety is paramount and there is a high level of supervision.
Activity Camp (For children aged 6 to 12)
Children aged 6 to 12 are welcome to join our Activity Camp. Each day the children take part in a variety of activities. Baking, art & crafts, sports, swimming, dancing, team games, outdoor fun, and trampolining are just a few of the exciting activities offered. The children also swim in our indoor, heated swimming pool on a regular basis, free of charge.
Workshops, trips and activities
We invite specialist visitors to provide something new and exciting. Recent workshops have included yoga, drama, drumming, and a pony day. There is a small extra charge for some activities. Trips are arranged throughout the summer to local places of interest. Trips are optional and are offered to children aged 3 years and above. Swimming is provided free of charge twice a week to all children. Safety is paramount and there is a high level of supervision.
Childcare is provided from 7.30am to 6.00pm. Should it be required, a half-day can be booked; collection after the morning session is at 1.00pm, and the afternoon session begins at 1.00pm. All children should bring a packed lunch and a drink. Additional snack times are offered in the morning and the afternoon. We politely request that no nuts or products containing nuts are brought to Holiday Club.
We ask that children wear suitable clothing for the time of year: sun hats and sunscreen in the summer, and wellies, coats, hats, and gloves in the winter. Although aprons are provided for craft and cookery activities, please bear in mind children may get messy. Please ensure everything is clearly labelled.
Christmas Holiday Club and Activity Camps
We are now taking bookings for our Christmas Holiday Club and Activity Camps, with an exciting line up of events and activities to keep children of all ages entertained.
- Holiday Club (2 to 5 year old): Monday 16th December to Friday 20th December
- Activity Camp (6 to 12 year olds): Monday 16th December to Friday 20th December
- Soccer with Santa (6 to 12 year olds): Monday 16th December to Wednesday 18th December
- King’s Hawford reserves the right to change the courses, outings or any activities should the need arise. Although we take great care to ensure the safety of your children at all times, we cannot accept liability for personal injury or loss of property that may occur. Parents should make their own arrangements for personal injury insurance if they wish to do so. (Almost all children who attend King’s Foundation schools are covered by their normal personal accident insurance scheme.)
- 50% of the fees will be retained in the event of cancellation with less than four weeks’ notice. The whole fee will be retained if less than two weeks’ notice is given.
- Deadline for application is the last day of term. If the booking deadline is missed or you have a childcare emergency, please contact Mrs Jeavons and we will try to accommodate your child depending on staff availability and staff to child ratios.