We began our assembly with a bassoon performance of If You Go Down to the Woods Today from King’s Senior School pupil, Alex. This jolly piece certainly put a smile on the faces of the listeners all around the school.
- Charlie earned an award for Perseverance with his phonics this week.
- An award for Focus went to George, who has worked really hard on number bonds in maths. Poppy received the class Super Star award for always remembering to say please and thank you.
- Nell received a Super Star certificate for super determination and enthusiasm in all her lessons, and Alban’s caring and helpful attitude to all of his friends earned him a Kindness award.
- Well done to Marnie, who was selected to play for Worcester Hockey Club’s U10 team, despite only being 8 years old!
- Skye earned a round of applause for achieving full marks in all of her Rainbow Challenges this year.
- As part of their Creative ConneXions preparations, Year 3 are looking at the well-known Willow Pattern to inspire their own artistic representation of the story. Well done to Ariya, Zara, Mia, Archie, Ben and Skye.
- In humanities, the children are learning about the capital cities of the world and then devising their own ways to present the information. Ben, Mark, Rosie, Isy, Yifei, Madie, Brody and Skye were congratulated on their excellent presentations.
- Buried treasure is the focus in Year 4 humanities lessons, as the children learn how archaeologists excavate a site. The children carried out independent research and then created posters about their findings, with Sienna, Alwen, Rook and Florence earning a ‘shout-out’ for their fantastic work.
- Well done to Martha, Laura, Lottie, Millie, Shreya, Monty, Karla, Charlotte and Isaac, who all took on board advice given to produce excellent comprehension work.
- 4R have been writing alien stories on Microsoft Word and finding synonyms to help to improve their vocabulary. Well done to Monty, Laura and Lily E.
- 5E took part in a thirty minute creative writing challenge and Barnaby and Sienna were congratulated on their excellent use of the tricks of the writer’s trade.
- In RE, 6DB were challenged to come up with diagrammatic ways to represent the Holy Trinity. There were some very creative ideas, particularly from Florence, Alanna, Aiden, Lily L, Lilly-Mae, Immie and Harry.
- Mrs Beauchamp has been very impressed with how 6KB are working hard for their forthcoming 11+ examinations, particularly Persephone, Seb and Olivia, who have been reflective about their work and taken on board all advice given.
- Well done from Mr Hooman to the U8 and U9 boys who demonstrated fluid football skills and great character on Tuesday, and to the U11 team who played at the Matty Thacker football tournament on Wednesday. The boys beat The Elms and Hereford Cathedral School on penalties to win the Plate.
- There were 21 times tables awards today, including Gold awards for Alex, Sam, Ollie J, Mihika and Lilly-Mae.