The termly fees for King’s St Alban’s from September 2021 are inclusive of:
- Full wrap-around provision from 7:45am to 6:00pm
- After School Clubs run by King’s St Alban’s staff. An exciting range of over 30 clubs and activities, some of which are run by external partners (note these may occur an additional charge)
- Specialist teachers in music, French, games and PE, art and computing
- External curriculum supporting bodies – we regularly invite external bodies in to enhance our curriculum and also to provide PSHE specialist topics
- Well-being sessions provided by our Senior School child psychologist, Dr Kate Mason
- A mid-morning snack consisting of milk or water and fruit (Pre-prep)
- Use of King’s Senior school facilities including Drama and Dance studios, Theatre and Sports Hall.
Music tuition fees
- Termly: £190 per term for 10 lessons
- Hire of instrument: £ 35 per term
School lunch fees
All pupils are assumed to be having school lunches and will be billed accordingly, termly in advance unless the school receives written notice to the contrary before the start of term. Our healthy menus offer a wide choice of options catering for a range of tastes and special diets. The fees for lunch are:
- Reception to Year 2: £154 per term
- Years 3 to 6: £213 per term
King’s St Alban’s Nursery
Our Nursery fees are based on sessions that offer as much flexibility as possible. We operate 51 weeks of the year, closing for one week between Christmas and New Year. We are also closed on Bank Holidays.
Session charges for Year-Round Care
Parents booking Year-Round Care receive a preferential session rate, the details of which are outlined below.
- Day: 7.45am to 6.00pm – £52.35 Includes breakfast club, morning and afternoon snacks, hot lunch
- Morning: 7.45am to 1.00pm – £34.49. Includes breakfast club, morning and afternoon snacks, hot lunch
- Afternoon: 1.00pm to 6.00pm – £31.35 Includes afternoon snack
Session Charges for Term-Time Only Care
We have a limited number of places for children who require term-time only care. These sessions will be charged at our term time session rates, which are shown below on a weekly basis:
Number of days sessions per week:
- 2 days / sessions : £117 (Full days), £77 (Mornings), £70 (Afternoons)
- 3 days / sessions: £176 (Full days), £116 (Mornings), £106 (Afternoons)
- 4 days /sessions: £234 (Full days), £155 (Mornings), £140 (Afternoons)
- 5 days / sessions: £292 (Full days), £192 (Mornings), £176 (Afternoons)
From the term after their third birthday your child is eligible to access 570 hours of Nursery education funded by the Government. We offer the free universal entitlement hours funded by the government as part of our sessional and full day care, applied over 50 weeks of the year.
We offer up to 570 hours per year, which works out as a maximum of 11.4 hours per week, capped at 6 hours per full day. Funded hours are 9am to 12pm and 2:30pm to 5:30pm. There is a charge for the additional hours and services outside the scope of these funded hours.
Further details are available from our Bursary, please email email@example.com.
We also accept childcare vouchers and payments from a Tax Free childcare account.
Fees for children attending five full days per week will qualify for the school’s sibling discount where appropriate. A copy of our nursery fees is also available for download.
Pupils’ personal accident insurance scheme (optional)
The premium is £5 per term.
Pupils’ sickness absence insurance scheme (optional)
Under the school’s terms and conditions, there is no waiver of fees for pupil absence. However, the school offers an insurance scheme that makes available fee refunds if pupils are absent from school for five or more days due to illness or accident. The premium for the insurance is 0.63% of the net termly tuition fee. Further details and a participation reply slip may be downloaded here.
Payment of fees
School fees are charged in advance and, if paid termly, are due on or before the first day of term. Alternatively, fees may, by arrangement, be paid either in monthly instalments by direct debit or by depositing lump sums in advance.
In cases of late payment, the Governors reserve the right to make a surcharge, composed of simple interest calculated at a rate of one percent of the outstanding balance per month.
A reduction in fees (ten percent for a third child and fifteen percent for a fourth child) is available when three or more siblings are pupils at the school together. These reductions only apply to Kindergarten children if they are full-time.
Financial assistance (bursaries)
Very occasionally we offer a number of bursaries at the Junior Schools. Bursaries are means-tested. Bursaries can also be offered to pupils who might otherwise leave the school because of financial hardship.