In recognition of ‘Be a Bookworm Week’, Mr Chapman played ‘Read All About it’ by Emily Sande as the children came into assembly this morning. Interestingly, the song was released in 2012, which was also the year of the London Olympics, the Queen’s 60th Jubilee and also the 60th anniversary of the foundation of King’s St Alban’s!
- Well done, Archie, who is this week’s class Super Star for being fabulous in all areas of learning.
- Daisy received a certificate for independence, thanks to her fantastic work on 2, 5 and 10 times tables.
- For being a wonderful member of the class, giving her all and always smiling, Iris earned a Super Star award.
- Greta received a certificate for Perseverance thanks to her great effort and attitude in maths.
- Alban received this week’s Super Star award for showing maturity and focus in all his lessons.
- Mrs Cain was very impressed with Greta, Nell and Aubrey for the fabulous flamingos they painted in art.
- All of the class have truly embraced ‘Be a Bookworm Week’ and have had a great time telling their classmates about the books they are reading. They have also thoroughly enjoyed their travelling book, ‘The Creakers’, by Giovanna Fletcher, and Mrs Atkinson has promised to use it as inspiration for other work throughout the year.
- Charlotte and her family enjoyed a trip to Rome during half term and Charlotte was so inspired by the history of the city that she took pictures of all the landmarks and put together a presentation on Showbie to show her class. She spoke eloquently about the buildings, the tunnels and the gladiators, which captivated her classmates.
- Mrs Pitts was delighted with her class in their comprehension lessons this week, in particular Katie, Ace, Mortimer and Georgia, who followed instructions and showed great independence.
- Mortimer earned a Head Teacher’s award for writing a new Mr Men book, ‘Mr Strange’, and reading it to his class as part of our ‘Be a Bookworm’ activities.
- Well done to Lara, Lucia and Mia on superb performances at the Worcester County Swimming Championships. Not only did they achieve a number of PB’s between them but they were fantastic role models, with a positive and supportive attitude.
- Mr Chapman congratulated his maths set on their excellent attitude when learning some tricky algebraic equations. They were all very methodical and careful and made great progress.
Times Tables certificates
- Gold awards for Ben, Albert, Tommy, Skye, Zara and Mia in Year 3 along with Izzy, Arthur, Katie, Ace, Rory and Mortimer in Year 5.
- Well done to all the children in Nursery and Pre-Prep, who responded beautifully to an impromptu fire practice during lunch on Thursday.