Thank you to Senior School pupil, Hebe, for beginning our assembly with a beautiful flute solo, before dashing off to her first lesson of the day!
- Luna received this week’s Super Star award for always being an enthusiastic member of the class.
- For her great attitude to learning and giving her all in every activity, Sofia was named the class Super Star.
- A certificate for Focus was awarded to Daniel for super concentration in all his lessons.
- Kasvika was the Super Star for always trying her best.
- Well done to Alban, who received a kindness award for helping others with their organisation at home time.
- Thank you to Mark, for always being so polite and having a permanent smile. His positive attitude and friendliness certainly rub off on the rest of the class!
- Last Friday, all of Year 4 went along to the Victorian Market in Worcester and sang Christmas songs for half an hour. The children were not fazed by the large audience and sang beautifully.
- Well done Millie for such enthusiasm and flexibility while working from home this week. We look forward to having you back in the classroom next week.
- Mrs Ricketts is delighted with Laura, Alice, Shreya, Sam, Martha, Ana, Lottie, Lily and Monty for their consistent hard work learning their weekly spellings. Well done all of you!
- The children have been learning about the Tudors in their history lessons and so Mrs Cain used Tudor knot gardens as the inspiration for her art lessons. Georgia, Izzy, Katie, Leo and Eddie were congratulated on their excellent designs. Tudor design was also the feature of DT for Year 5, who studied, sketched and then built a replica of a Tudor house. Excellent teamwork helped to produce some superb constructions from Erin, Sienna, Tia, Penny, William D, Rory and Peter.
- Mr Braithwaite set his maths set a particularly tricky problem and was delighted at how well the class worked in pairs to solve it. Their rigour and focus was tremendous, particularly Mihika, who managed to solve the problem despite not having a partner with whom to work.
- Well done to Mia, Daisy, Jess and Lara who are 6HM’s super spellers!
- Year 6 have been conducting experiments in their science lessons, studying the wick, wax and flame of a candle before, during and after burning. Well done to Oli J, Henry, Mihika, Elin, Ivy and Lex on excellent results, clearly presented.
- In DT, Mrs Cain challenged the children to design and build a structure which will hold either a tea light, a test tube or an egg. The children learned concepts of technical drawing to design their piece and then built them using materials such as wood, glue and wire. Well done to Lily, Alanna, Lex, Henry G, Florence B, Lilly-Mae and Eamon, who proudly showed their creations to the school.
In other news:
- Emily received her latest karate grading and was then joined by Mia and Lucia, who competed with her in the two day Stormforce Open meet in Wolverhampton.
- Fifteen more times tables certificates were awarded.
- Mrs Ricketts runs a very popular Newspaper Club after school on Fridays and the children have produced a bumper Christmas edition this term. Well done, all of you, on a super collection of interviews, puzzles and news items.
- Well done to all of Pre-Prep (and the two donkeys!) on a superb Nativity performance. The children delivered their lines and sang their songs amazingly and most certainly put a smile on the faces in the audience.
- All of the Prep School were congratulated on this week’s superb Carol Service. Having had to miss this event for the past two years, it was a delight to welcome family and friends to a wonderful service in the Cathedral on Wednesday evening. Thank you to all of the choirs, musicians and readers and in particular to Sebastian for his beautiful solo in the first verse of Once in Royal David’s City.