Transport to King’s Worcester is straightforward, as the city is well connected by multiple road networks, has two train stations, and many daily coaches covering a wide radius and fitting in with the school day.
Getting to King’s Worcester by Train
The school is a short walk along the central pedestrian precinct from Worcester Foregate Street station. Train companies offer discounts on season tickets bought in advance. There are trains which fit conveniently for the school day on the:
- Oxford line (Moreton-in-Marsh, Honeybourne, Evesham, Pershore).
- Hereford line (Ledbury, Colwall, Great Malvern, Malvern Link).
- Birmingham line (Droitwich, Hartlebury, Kidderminster, Blakedown, Hagley, Stourbridge, Lye, Cradley Heath, Barnt Green).
Discounted student rail season tickets to Worcester can be purchased online from West Midlands Railways via their website.
Getting to King’s Worcester by Coach
Some of the more rural areas are well served by local coach companies. Details for some of the most popular routes can be found below. If you would like more information, the coach companies can be contacted directly on the following telephone numbers:
Feckenham & Inkberrow, Service 850 (Dudley's, Inkberrow)
Tenbury to Worcester, Service 758 (Yarranton's, Tenbury Wells)
Worcester Schools Service, Service 824 (Yarrantons, Tenbury Wells)
Getting to King’s by Bus
The King’s School Minibus/Coach Services
We offer our own Minibus/coach services to make it as easy as possible for parents and pupils to travel to school. The routes can be found below.
- King’s Hawford (Claines) with an additional pick-up in Omberseley village, to the Senior School and return journey to King’s Hawford both morning and afternoon.
- Evesham and Pershore to King’s (daily return service).
Timetable for the Evesham and Pershore service:
- Evesham (Old Twyford Golf Range on by-pass): 07.25
- Fladbury (Village Cross by Anchor Inn): 07.33
- Wyre Piddle (opposite Anchor Inn): 07.38
- Pershore (bus stop on the B4084 Worcester Road near the old Police Station junction): 07.45
- Drakes Broughton (Plough & Harrow): 07.49
- Stoulton (Bird in Hand): 07:53
- Waitrose, London Road, Worcester: 08.00
- King’s Street arrival: 08.15 – 08.25
- King’s Street depart: 17.15
- Waitrose, London Road, Worcester: 17.25
- Stoulton (Bird in Hand): 17.34
- Drakes Broughton (opposite Plough & Harrow): 17.36
- Pershore (B4084 Worcester Road near the old Police Station junction): 17.40
- Wyre Piddle (opposite Anchor Inn): 17.45
- Fladbury (Village Cross by Anchor Inn): 17.50
- Evesham (Old Twyford Golf Range on by-pass): 17.58
For more information please contact our Bursary department on 01905 721721.