Well done to our Fifth Form (Year 11) and Sixth Form pupils who braved the elements to compete in our annual Senior Sports Day on May 8th 2019. Everyone was in high spirits despite torrential rain downpours throughout the afternoon.
Students competed in a whole range of field events including javelin, discus, shot put, long jump, high jump, and triple jump. We also enjoyed a number of track events starting with the 100 metre distance right through to the 1500 metre distance. The event closed with the ever exciting relays.
Once again we enjoyed some fantastic performances, including notable results from the following students:
- Louis Hira (Ca) – First in 400m, Third in Triple Jump, Second in High Jump
- Mia Mathewson (Ch) – First in 200m, First in 300m, Second in Triple Jump
- George Monce (Br) – First in 400m, Fourth in Long Jump, First in Javelin
- Sophie Welburn (W) – First in 100m, First in Long Jump, First in Triple Jump
- Immie Gillgrass (W) achieved a new school record in the 300m distance.
The team and overall results are as follows:
|Position||Fifth Form Boys||Fifth Form Girls||Sixth Form Boys||Sixth Form Girls||Overall House|
|First||Bright – 182||Choir – 229||Choir – 203||Chappel – 196||Choir House|
|Second||Creighton – 165||Wulstan – 206||Creighton – 201||Wulstan – 192||Bright House|
|Third||Choir – 159||Bright – 154||Bright – 200||Choir – 181||Wulstan House|